Wednesday, September 14, 2016

On my way, with a few diversions.....

Left the house at 3:30am to catch my flight out of Rochester only to have the Subaru freak out on me just as I got off the Thruway!! Got her off onto Route 96 at a Mobil station. Popped the hood, suspect that transmission so I went in at 4:15 in the am to buy automatic transmission fluid. Nope, they're out of it.... Joy. Called 2 tow truck companies only to find that they aren't 24 hour service. Got Ricci Towing to come by but only after I had to leave in an airport taxi to rush at 80 mph to the terminal to get my flight on time.

Crazy on top of all of it. Called Van Bortel Subaru to let them know my car should be sitting out in front of their service area. At least it was really close to where the car stopped working!

Hoping that is the only big glitch this trip. You'd think this whole mission to FL was cursed or something.....

I'll provide an update once I'm on the ground and have the rental truck. Oh, Penske called. They are still trying to find me the truck I reserved.....

No comments:

Post a Comment