Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Now I'm getting nervous! Mission Jitters!

Now that I've committed to flying down and Tim is stopping by next week to pick up the engine and all the other bits I can think of for the swap project, it's finally hitting me. I wake up at night and start thinking about all the potential issues that may come up to stop me from doing a successful swap. Simple things like missing bolts, hoses or parts that I just cannot get because they are likely NLA (no longer available).

The BIG coil springs came today for the front end. You know, the one that bounced all over the place before on our trip and so I figured while I'm swapping out an entire engine I could do the front shocks and springs. Well, it turns out the manufacturer is not sure if they will fit now. What?? They are springs for crying out loud! How hard can this be?

In the middle of September I'm flying down to Daytona, renting a car and hoping that between the parts that were put into the first repair job and the ones I have delivered to Bill's shop that I'll be close to what's needed to make this work. I've already surrendered to not having the A/C installed but we'll see about that.

I will be posting videos during the trip (that's why I'm back on Facebook but really didn't want to be. Surprise!! FB kept all my info...) and doing so via YouTube and FB.

440 V8 on the pallet awaiting delivery!

One of the exhaust headers in the garage. Many parts to add to the delivery.

Intake manifold and cooling fan....

Don't forget the starter!!! Can't do a swap without having that.

The bright yellow power steering pump. May just use the 360's pump but good to have the spare....

The new, REALLY BIG front coil springs! Hope that these fit despite the recent note that they may not. I can't drive back with the front of the "Long Hauler" bouncing like it did and with the larger engine that will really be an issue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment